Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Perspective

 For my perspective art piece, I did an anamorphosis. I drew a pencil at an angle so when someone looks at it straight forward, it is disproportionate, but if they look at it from a low perspective, it looks proportional and it looks like it is standing straight up off the table.
This started as a doodle idea, when I was in the brainstorming stage. I had no clue what I wanted to do for my project, I started drawing a pencil on the table, the point faced right at the camera, then someone walked around to the other side of it, and said it kinda looked like it was standing up. My art friends convinced me to try to redo it so it was an anamorphosis and actually looked like it was standing. I used colored pencil as my medium because I wanted it to look more realistic, and I knew if I painted it, it wouldn't look as good. My risk here was the type of perspective, I had never done an anamrophosis befor, so it was a bit of a challenge to get the proportions right.

No comments:

Post a Comment